|FM Niramla Sitharaman announces Rs 1.70 Lakh Crore relief package under PMGKY Yojana for the poor to help them fight against Corona Virus COVID-19|
FM Niramla Sitharaman announces Rs 1.70 Lakh Crore relief package under PMGKY Yojana for the poor to help them fight against Corona Virus COVID-19
Finance Minister Smt. Niramla Sitharaman announces Rs 1.70 Lakh Crore relief package under PMGKY Yojana fight against Corona Virus COVID-19: The Union Finance & Corporate Affairs Minister Smt. Niramla Sitharaman today announced Rs 1.70 Lakh Crore relief package under Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan (PMGKY) Yojana for the poor to help them fight the battle against Corona Virus COVID-19.
The union finance minister addressing the press conference here today, Smt. Sitharaman said “Today’s measures are intended at reaching out to the poorest of the poor, with food and money in hands, so that they do not face difficulties in buying essential supplies and meeting essential needs.”
The Minister of State for Finance & Corporate Affairs Shri Anurag Singh Thakur was also present besides Shri Atanu Chakraborty, Secretary, Department of Economic Affairs and Shri Debashish Panda, Secretary, Department of Financial Services.
- Insurance cover of Rs 50 Lakh per health worker fighting COVID-19 to be provided under Insurance Scheme.
- 80 crore poor people will to get 5 kg wheat or rice and 1 kg of preferred pulses for free every month for the next three months.
- 20 crore women Jan Dhan account holders to get Rs 500 per month for next three months.
- Increase in MNREGA wage to Rs 202 a day from Rs 182 to benefit 13.62 crore families.
- An ex-gratia of Rs 1,000 to 3 crore poor senior citizen, poor widows and poor disabled.
- Government to front-load Rs 2,000 paid to farmers in first week of April under existing PM Kisan Yojana to benefit 8.7 crore farmers.
- Central Government has given orders to State Governments to use Building and Construction Workers Welfare Fund to provide relief to Construction Workers.